AdventHealth Project Manager Educator Infection Prevention FT Orlando in Orlando, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Project Manager/Educator - AdventHealth -Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams and work groups to design, implement, and evaluate evidence-based infection prevention-related improvement projects
- Maintains clear documentation of project-related work, including progress reports
- With other stakeholders in the organization, determines infection prevention educational priorities
- Designs infection prevention educational offerings that can be delivered in the most appropriate format for effective learning, using evidence-based best practice as a guide
- Delivers educational offerings or assists others in that delivery, ensuring effective learning as evidenced by practice change and/or measurably improved patient outcomes
- Maintains clear documentation of education-related projects, including progress notes.
What You Will Need:
- Education experience with audiences of healthcare workers
- Certification in Infection Prevention (CIC) must be obtained within two years of hire into position.
- Project management skills and/or performance improvement skills
- Ability to develop effective professional relationships and collaborate within a multidisciplinary group for the achievement of improved patient outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e., nursing, medical technology, public health, etc.)
- Infection Prevention experience
- Project management, all phases from design to implementation and evaluation
- Performance improvement
- Construction and renovation, including infection prevention concerns related to design phase of construction and renovation projects
- Patient education
The Project Manager/Educator – Infection Prevention provides system-wide oversight of intra-departmental infection prevention-related projects and educational initiatives. Acts in a collaborative manner with representatives of all departments (including Infection Prevention) to ensure that projects related to prevention of infection are evidence-based, progress according to schedule, and result in improved patient outcomes. Ensures that education provided to audiences within AdventHealth is evidence-based, audience-appropriate, delivered in a meaningful format, and effective as evidenced by practice change and improved patient outcomes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.