AdventHealth Psychiatric Technician Nursing Sitters Full Time Days in Orlando, Florida
Psychiatric Technician - AdventHealth - Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
- Performs 15-minute checks on assigned patients focusing on behavior and appearance.
- Reports patient status, abnormal problems, and behavioral changes to RN and under the direction of an RN performs defined basic nursing procedures per hospital P&P and behavioral health Standards of Care.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Recognizes potential escalation of behavior and has ability to use appropriate verbal and physical interventions.
What You Will Need:
- Adequate knowledge of activities of daily living and vital signs.
- Customer service skills.
- Organizational ability, sound judgment and initiative.
- Knowledge of psychiatric terminology and various treatment approaches.
- One year’s experience in a healthcare setting.
- Two years of college with a major in psychology, nursing or related fields.
The Psych Tech works under the supervision of the professional nursing staff in performing specific duties and ADL in caring for age specific groups of psychiatric patients identified in the position responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.