Radiologic Technologist - FT - AdventHealth East Orlando
Location Address: 7727 LAKE UNDERHILL ROAD
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
• AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
• A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
• Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
Utilizing proper positioning criteria and technical exposure factors, performs all required imaging projections for given procedure. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
Reviews all images on Computed Radiography NX station for evidence and accuracy of RT/LT marker placement and proper orientation. Repeats any view that fails to include all required anatomical structures or lacks proper contrast and spatial resolution. Adheres to all criteria on the Image Quality Action Plan. [Diagnostic Image Quality and Documentation]
Completes assigned exams in a timely manner. Keeps work flow coordinator informed of availability and status of all pending exams. Personally follows through with communicating clinical information. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at NX before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS. [Data Processing]
Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Properly wears Dosimetry badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on Teams as asked, participates in Gallup. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Able to fully use all Radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School education or equivalent and graduate from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associates Degree in a related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification license in Radiography
· State Certified Radiologic Technologist License
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth East Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth East Orlando
Req ID: 21031713
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.