Registered Nurse Advance Cardiovascular AdventHealth Orlando
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· $20,000 Sign on Bonus and 3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
· AdventHealth Orlando Cardiovascular Surgery has 7 CVOR’s and one hybrid one.
· We perform a full array of cardiovascular surgeries including bypass, valve replacement/repair, TAVR, heart transplant, lung transplant, multiorgan transplant, VAD insertions, impella insertion, ECMO and pediatric congenitial heart procedures.
· The thoracic line has 3 OR’s, one equipped with a Davinci XI robot.
· A variety of lung esophageal, and chest procedures are done including HIOC (heated intraoperative chemotherapy) cases for mesothelioma.
· We performed over 3,400 Cardiovascular and thoracic specific surgeries last year. Our Cardiovascular program is recognized as an ELSO Center of excellence for both adults and pediatrics, has a Nationally accredited TAVR program, and our heart transplant team is ranked 5 th in the nation.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Advanced Cardiothoracic Registered Nurse works in the highly specialized cardiothoracic intensive care unit or operating room that caters to the needs of patients requiring constant monitoring and whose clinical conditions are considered critical. The Advanced Cardiothoracic Registered Nurse is adept at responding to changes in patient condition that could lead to serious complications and providing immediate interventions as required. The nurse is comfortable in operating and managing complex medical equipment and assisting physicians in the management of the patient. They are responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
· DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
· Applicable experience required.
· Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
· Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
Graduate of a school of nursing
One year experience in cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, or cardiac ICU setting OR cardiovascular operating room experience
Department specific advanced competencies
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23020553
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $34.65 - $49.5
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23020553
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day