AdventHealth Registered Nurse Cardiovascular ICU 10K Sign On Bonus FT Days Orlando in Orlando, Florida
Location Address: 601 East Rollins St, Orlando FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Our Cardiovascular ICU unit provides great opportunities to learn and grow with a caring specialized trained team. This unit cares for post-open heart recovery and cardiac intensive care patients. The department cares for over 2,000 cardiac surgery patients per year which ranks first in the state and third in the country. Cares for patients with mechanical circulatory devices, full life support via VA and VV ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation) with the support of our Perfusionists and ECMO Specialists team; as well as Centrimag, Impella, and LVAD.
- We are a Silver Beacon Awarded unit.
- Immediate Benefits
- Full Time 3/12 hour shifts (7a-7p)
* 10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Full Time employment contract required.
Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Internal Candidates are not eligible.
- Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs.
- Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient, assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes.
- Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Professional certification (Preferred)
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements) (Preferred)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.