AdventHealth Registered Nurse Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse Internship Program FT Days in Orlando, Florida
* Registered Nurse Transition Training Program AdventHealth Orlando*
* Location Address:* 601 East Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando:*
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
* Program Specifics*
This 6-8-week program incorporates comprehensive body systems modules including anatomy and physiology, various body systems conditions, diagnostics, nursing care and treatment. This online approach provides the basic didactic critical care content with educational activities that is reinforced in clinical experience with a preceptor. The program may be offered at any of our 7 campuses (dependent on patient population unit needs). Kindly apply to your campus/ patient population of interest and the appropriate recruiter will contact you.
- Full-time paid internship and nursing position
- Blended didactic Online and precepted clinicals
- Shift flexibility desired as shifts are not guaranteed
- * Two - year contract required*
• Full Time Days and Nights, depending on unit needs, 3/12 hour shifts
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect.
- Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient, assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience (Preferred)
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.