AdventHealth Registered Nurse Care Coordinator Breast Cancer FT Days in Orlando, Florida
* Care Coordinator Breast Cancer AdventHealth Orlando*
* Location Address:* 601 E Rollins St
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando*
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Virtual Tour: https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=261550
* Work Hours/Shift:*
- Full Time Days
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Facilitates an evidence-based, multidisciplinary, multispecialty approach to cancer care throughout the care continuum. Navigates care for newly diagnosed Breast Cancer patients and as needed for patients recommended for biopsy.
- Collaborates with supervisor in navigating patients (needs ranging from minimal to complex) from the diagnostic phase through treatment planning, medical management, and surveillance/ survivorship assuring patients have appropriate, timely, medical, and supportive services. Supports activities related to the High Risk Breast Screening Program.
- Completes accurate data collection with all appropriate information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Remains current in evidence-based cancer practice and new emerging trends in area of cancer specialty.
- Participates in and supports (per direction of supervisor) Tumor Boards, Journal Clubs, and other physician education venues. Involvement with these programs may include preparing patient history/ summary, requesting pathology and radiology reports, operating technical equipment, following up with physician team regarding treatment recommendation, etc. Participates in Breast Program Leadership Committee.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Three years of experience in Oncology Nursing OR breast care/breast cancer nursing practice
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees in Nursing
- Five years experience in Oncology Nursing or breast care/breast cancer nursing practice
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- National Certification: Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) through the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
- Breast Care Certification through the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
The Breast Cancer Care Coordinator supports patients in navigating the oncology medical system. Serves as a primary point of intake; assuring patients have appropriate and timely medical and supportive services on an ongoing basis. In addition, this position supports data collection, tumor board processes/participation, and marketing/community outreach efforts. Supports activities related to the High Risk Breast Screening Program. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.