AdventHealth Registered Nurse Emergency Department Float Pool FT Nights in Orlando, Florida
Registered Nurse – Emergency Department Float Pool - AdventHealth Central Florida Locations
- AdventHealth for Children (Orlando)
- East Orlando
- Lake Mary
- Lake Nona
- Partin Settlement
- Waterford Lakes
- Winter Park
- Winter Garden
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Emergency Departments
- When an emergency arises, it’s comforting to know that unsurpassed care is right around the corner.
- The AdventHealth Emergency Department offers 24-hour on-call physician coverage for emergency and trauma specialties, including general and thoracic surgery, orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery, cardiology, pediatrics, internal medicine and more. In addition, the Chest Pain Center teams at many of our locations are uniquely trained to stop a heart attack in minutes, when treatment is most crucial to saving lives.
- Further setting us apart is the level of comprehensive attention we strive to provide just minutes after walking through the door. You will experience advanced clinical care delivered with compassion and coordinated communication to patients and family members.
- Full Time Nights, 7p-7a, Weekend Rotation Required
- Float to at least 3 locations
- Incentive: $2 per hour float differential
$12,500 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs.
- Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient, assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Professional certification (Preferred)
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements) (Preferred)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.