All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· PRN (per diem) team members may contribute to the Adventist HealthCare Retirement Plan (but are ineligible for employer contributions to the plan).Benefits from Day One
· Employee Discount Program, including tickets, travel, Pet Insurance, and More!
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Employees who switch from PRN to Full or Part Time employment get access to Day One Benefits (Immediate)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem, Average of 1 day per week
Shift : Nights, 7p-7a
Locations : Must be flexible to float as needed to the following locations: Winter Park, Celebration, Altamonte and Orlando
· AdventHealth for Children provides patients and families with an extraordinary neonatal care network through a world-class team of physicians, surgeons, nurses and support staff in extraordinary facilities throughout Central Florida.
· Our Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) combine state-of-the art technology, soothing baby-friendly environments and a comprehensive range of specialty services to provide the highest level of care to our tiniest patients.
The community you’ll be caring for:
· The Neonatal ICU Float Team Nurse will be required to float to all NICU units within the predetermined float pool coverage areas. This will include floating to NICU locations at AdventHealth Winter Park, AdventHealth Celebration, AdventHealth Altamonte and Adventhealth for Children Orlando to perform duties that match their skill set and competency level.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse (RN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care compatible with the Neonatal Level of Care Designation, Level II. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient's plan-of-care. The RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient's nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
· DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
General knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques used in the assessment, care and treatment of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Nursery patients
Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Advanced Life Support Certifications (NRP)
1 year Pediatric or NICU experience
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23029994
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $41 - $41
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23029994
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night