AdventHealth Registered Nurse Outpatient Oncology FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Registered Nurse (RN) OP Oncology - AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient.
- Identifies individualized plan of care. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care.
- Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
- Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
- Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population) (Preferred)
The RN is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups at the Women’s Center. Utilizes the nursing process in achieving the goals of the department. Assists the radiologist during breast biopsy procedures and provides care, documentation and follow up for the patient following the procedure. Follows up on all positive mammograms securing the proper Rx from physician and assisting the patient with obtaining further testing. Additional responsibilities include scheduling special procedures, maintaining, accessing and printing patient records assuring privacy following HIPAA guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.