AdventHealth Registered Nurse Pediatric Open Heart 10K Sign On Bonus FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Registered Nurse Pediatric Cardiac ICU AdventHealth for Children
Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth for Children
· Since opening our doors in 1908, AdventHealth has offered one of the most comprehensive children’s health programs in Central Florida. Today, we continue this legacy of pediatric excellence at the Magnet® recognized Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children. Our campus is home to 30 pediatric sub-specialties led by a team of 400+ nurses and physicians.
· We provide specialized care in various state-of-the-art settings, including an 81-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with private family-centered rooms, an Advanced Center for Pediatric Surgery handling nearly 4,000 cases each year, and one of the few pediatric oncology programs in the area. We’re also Central Florida’s only pediatric provider for bone marrow transplant, kidney transplant, Gamma Knife services, trilogy radiation and Level III epilepsy care. But perhaps most exciting of all, is that this is the first—and only—hospital to bear the Disney® name.
· The pediatric cardiac intensive care unit utilizes a team approach to provide the highest quality patient care. Congenital heart defects are the most common type of serious birth defect and we work to provide quality care by offering surgical intervention, cardiac catheterization, and medical management in the PCVICU. Each of us feels called to provide compassionate care during a critical time in the lives of children and families affected by CHD. The Nurse to patient ratio in the pediatric cardiac intensive care unit is 1:1 or 1:2.
· Full Time 6A-6P
You Will Be Responsible For:
· NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
· NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Graduate of a school of nursing
Education and Experience Preferred :
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred :
ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.