All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days, 8a-5p with rotating weekend call.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) Care Manager is a professional nurse who coordinates and directs the home care patient's care based on individual patient needs. The RN Care Manager is responsible for independent management of the Home Health patient population requiring the use of advanced assessment, teaching and decision-making skills. The nurse is responsible for ensuring that appropriate referrals to other services are made, interdisciplinary conferencing takes place regularly, and appropriate documentation is completed. Relevant knowledge and experience is consistently applied to new patient populations. The Care Manager cares for a caseload of home health patients by evaluating the patient for appropriateness of home health and developing the home care plan in conjunction with the physician. S/he educates patients, families, caregivers and community providers to safely perform care. S/he provides follow up by evaluating effectiveness of the home care plan, and monitoring patient/family's response to the plan to achieve patient/family goals and top decile outcomes. The Care Manager also identifies performance improvement and home health standard of care initiatives and assists to design or implement programs to address needed changes.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Coordinates and directs the care of a caseload of home patients when the primary skill needed is nursing. Provides comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for that caseload as the primary nurse.
· Sets priorities of home care caseload adapting to the changing needs of the home care patients and families. Optimizes schedule daily to support productivity, efficiency and maintain best practice visit utilization.
· Assesses physical, functional, psychosocial, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural, cognitive status and discharge planning needs of the home care patient utilizing interview observations and physical exam techniques. Assesses the home environment for safety, infection control, and community resource needs. Reviews patient history and physical, diagnostics and laboratory data. Reviews available information obtained by other team members. Reports abnormal items and results to the physician as appropriate and reviews with patient family. Accurately and timely documents these assessments.
· Utilizing assessment data, formulates a patient specific plan of care along with the patient, family and physician which is feasible within the physical, financial and emotional resources of the family. Establishes individualized, realistic, measurable patient centered goals in consultation with the patient, family and other health care providers including goals to improve or stabilize patient's medical condition, functional abilities and promote independence. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient when developing the plan of care.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Associate’s degree and 1+ years of experience
· Minimum of one-year relevant clinical RN experience
· Prefer recent, relevant experience in a Medicare-certified home health agency as a case-manager
· Prefer a bachelor’s degree in nursing
· BLS Certification required
· Valid driver’s license
· Active RN license
· Current car insurance
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AH Home Care Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23020878
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 602 COURTLAND ST
Pay Range: $37.32 - $55.97
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23020878
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day