Research Support Assistant- Advent Health Orlando
Location Address: 601 East Rollins St, Orlando FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
Our 40-bed Cardiopulmonary PCU unit provides great opportunities to learn and grow with a caring specialized trained team. This unit cares for patients with cardiac and pulmonary needs such as pre/post heart catheterizations, pacemaker insertions, ablations, lead revisions, tikosyn and sotalol initiation, rapid atrial fibrillations, etc.
Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Training opportunities for experienced Registered Nurses that are either looking to grow into a higher acuity level or working outside of the hospital setting that are interested in transitioning to acute care such as our Cardiopulmonary PCU unit.
Work Hours/Shift: FT/Days
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· The Research Support Assistant is responsible for accurate and timely submission or filing of data forms, angiography, echocardiology, radiology and/or laboratory materials. Abstracts and records essential physical and test data. Submits data in time frame specified. Maintains study chart to coincide with current protocol and research participant visits. Responds to data clarification requests (queries) in a timely manner.
· Supports the CRC/CRN by assisting with: subject recruitment (assisting with subject prescreening); ensuring maintenance of proper research certifications; project timelines updates; and literary searches. Enters and updates information in to the data base for recruiting. Assists with study close out activities.
· Supports the research team by: creating/maintaining accurate files; copying, scanning, uploading, faxing and emailing documents as necessary; and being proactive in process improvement ideas.
· Communicates appropriately and effectively with investigators, scientists, APRN’s, CRN’s, industry collaborators, study monitors, physician offices, ancillary departments, staff and patients.
· Conforms to all standards of good research practice and abides by current IRB, FDA, federal, state and institutional regulations pertaining to human subjects research, including the use of institutional and departmental SOP’s. Understands and abides by HIPAA regulations.
· Understands the protocol document and performs required activities as exhibited through collaboration with the CRC/CRN. Participates in initial and ongoing protocol training as necessary for the study requirements. Communicates with the CRC/CRN incoming data and any inconsistencies.
· The Research Associate is responsible for maintaining personal professional growth and contributes to the growth of team members. Maintains adequate skills in technology as necessary for the study execution. Willingly participates in the orientation of new employees. Proactive in process improvement ideas. The CRA will contribute to providing the highest levels of customer service by maintaining open communication with other research staff and participating in inter and/or intradepartmental discussions relevant to research.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or section.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact and maintain good relationships with a broad spectrum of healthcare disciplines and the public.
· Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills with extreme attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently at a steady pace, performing multiple tasks and accommodate changing priorities.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications of Word, Outlook and Internet Skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Medical terminology exposure.
· Clinical Trials Management System (or equivalent) and/or Electronic Data Capture (EDC) exposure. Additional computer skills, particularly Excel, Publisher and data transfer portals.
· Knowledge of clinical research and research regulatory environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate degree in health science, or related field, OR
· 3 years equivalent administrative/professional experience, OR
· 2 years clinical research experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related field, data processing or business or related field.
· Medical Assistant or 1-2 years in a medical office (or equivalent)
· Previous research experience or administrative experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Medical Assistant certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Orl Support
Req ID: 21035908
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.