AdventHealth Restorative Manager Registered Nurse RN Risk Prevention AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Restorative Manager Registered Nurse (RN) Risk Prevention AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Administers specialized nursing whirlpools.
- Performs range of motion (passive/active), general strengthening exercises, ambulation/transfer, and activities of daily living.
- Ensure the placement of restorative devices/equipment. Ensures all equipment/devices updated on NADS and care plan.
- Performs positioning; help turn and position residents.
- Administers restorative dining program.
- Opens restorative nursing assessment through the assessment schedule weekly.
- Ensures restorative C.N.A.s are completing document daily in touchscreen and on nursing restorative assessment in Vision.
- Documents a weekly summary on each resident in the restorative program.
- Reports and documents significant changes in resident’s condition or motivational level.
- Notifies Occupational Therapy of feeding problems, referrals, and reassessment needs.
- Reports to Physical Therapy any mobility and positioning problems, referrals, and reassessment needs.
- Ensures adequate restorative supplies to meet the needs of the restorative residents.
- Reinforces team management for bowel/bladder program as indicated. Completes Bladder Incontinence Analysis and Bowel Incontinence Analysis upon admission, annually, and with change of condition.
- Works with nursing assistants on Bowel and Bladder procedures.
- Restorative nurse is designated continence coordinator
- Responsible for application method, sizing, and overseeing of in-room distribution of incontinent products.
- Will provide an updated sizing list to vendor on a quarterly basis, and a weekly basis, to Director of Nursing every Friday. Will round with vendor when they complete brief assessment visits.
- Works with Central Supply on obtaining the product tracking and distribution form.
- Screens residents for incontinent products and size upon admission, quarterly, and as needed and will document findings on the Resident Sizing
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Restorative Measures training or experience
- Licensed nurse or clinician in the state of practice
- Long term care experience
- Florida certification as a Healthcare Risk Manager (Preferred)
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
Provides Restorative Nursing measures to assist residents to reach their highest level of independence in Activities of Daily Living while executing the duties of Customer Service/Risk Manager. The position works in collaboration with the Administrator, Director of Nurses, Staff, Physicians, Resource Personnel, Resident and Family members to identify opportunities to provide exceptional customer service, in the identification of actual and potential risk issues and in the formulation and implementation of performance improvement strategies for improved customer service and quality of care outcome
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.