All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· *$7500 Sign-on Bonus and $3000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Days (7:00 am - 7:00 pm) or Nights (7:00 pm - 7:00 am) Available
Location: 601 E Rollins Street, Orlando, FL 32803
Our Surgical Oncology Progressive Care Unit consists of 36 inpatient beds populated by primarily gynecologic oncology patients. These are women with Ovarian, Cervical, & Endometrial malignancies. We care for our patients when they come in for surgery, either to have their mass removed or a total abdominal hysterectomy. Our patient population may also consist of those being readmitted for recurrent disease or uncontrolled cancer treatment symptoms, medical oncology overflow (including male patients) and the bariatric surgery population. AdventHealth is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as the best hospital for women’s care in Florida!
We work directly with our GYN Oncology physicians to provide the best possible patient care. Daily multidisciplinary rounds are held which include the care management team, our nurses, and our Medical Director (Dr. Bolivar), to help create a cohesive plan of care for our patients.
• Patient Care Model: We have a mixed staffing model with RNs, LPNs, and PCTs.
• Ratios: 4-5 patients per RN/LPN depending on census and staffing. LPNs practice independently with assistance from RNs if tasks outside of their scope are required.
We are so proud and humbled when working with cancer patients every day, and our staff is always willing to help each other out during busy shifts. Many of our nurses participate in the Professional Excellence Program, which helps to develop their clinical skills and provide opportunities for growth.
We work hand in hand to grow and develop our staff. We highly value our nurses’ personal andprofessional goals and support each team member
to meet them. Many of our nurses participate in the Professional Excellence Program, which helps to develop their clinical skills and provide opportunities for growth. We strive to improve nurse retention and staff recognition by including kudos to individual staff members on a weekly basis and recognize one staff member each month with the Surgical Angel of the Month Award.
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Want to see what it's like to work with us? Click here (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=261550) for a virtual tour of our Orlando campus!
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
· DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
Applicable experience required.
Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
Graduate of a school of nursing
Minimum of six (6) months of experience
Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
EKG competency testing
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23038956
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23038956
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day