AdventHealth Scheduler Diabetes Patient Services FT Day in Orlando, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Answers telephone using automated attendant correctly. Maintains phones in ready mode as outlined by department procedure with Not Ready or Make Busy time limited to hospital related business. Demonstrates ability to manage outgoing and incoming phone call time efficiently to prevent excessive abandoned calls and patient wait time.
- Obtains pre-registration information on all patients that call in, are contacted or walk-in. Completes all patient demographic, insurance and intake information. Enters all information into appropriate documentation system and departmental database correctly and completely according to departmental guidelines. Notifies each patient of responsibilities prior to class.
- Contacts all patients referred via fax within one business day. Completes follow-up attempts to contact patients and notify physician of outcomes according department policy. Contacts on an ongoing basis, all patients who are a No Show or Cancel to scheduled appointments and completes patient and physician cards per department guidelines.
- Schedules patient for appropriate education session based on diagnosis, special need and preference. Provides accurate information on class offerings and financial payment options to each patient. Follows department guidelines for maximum class census. Provides patient with registration packet by mail, fax, e-mail or in person in a timely manner per department policy. Verifies insurance benefits and prepares education chart as directed or assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge of patient registration and billing practices
- Able to communicate effectively and organize daily activities
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds
- Ability to work under stress and deadlines
- High school graduate
- 1-3 years of experience in patient registration and/or medical front office
- Medical terminology
- Typing at 40 wpm
The Patient Services Scheduler, under supervision, is responsible for the scheduling and registration of patients referred for diabetes education. Responsible for the daily triage of patients referred by phone, fax or mail to meet the individual needs of each patient and to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the Diabetes Institute front office. Obtains accurate registration information necessary for charge entry and billing. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility for maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of applicable local, state and federal agencies and regulatory bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.