AdventHealth Senior Manager Clinical Experience FT Days in Orlando, Florida
- Full Time
- Directly responsible for driving the execution and sustainment of initiatives and practices across the campus that produce publicly reportable HCAHPS and other patient experience performance which impact performance incentives.
- Matrix reporting responsibility to campus’ executive leaders, most directly assisting the Director(s) of nursing while also maintaining an integral alignment with the regional multi-campus Director of Clinical Experience and a collaborative role with the regional CE team in the development and deployment of regional change initiatives and best practices while leading and aligning this work at their campuses to drive results for organizational CE imperatives.
- Develops and maintains strong collegial partnerships with Nurse Managers of every nursing unit and leaders of ancillary departments at the campuses to understand unit dynamics (leaders, team, culture, case mix) to influence, coach and support the clinical team through implementation of patient experience best practice and validation processes in collaboration with multi-campus Director of Clinical Excellence and campus leadership.
- Leads in process improvement observations, assessments, validations and accountability reviews (including but not limited to Performance Review Committee meetings) and designs tailored improvement models for patient experience practice and AdventHealth service standards, which may encompass an entire campus, or targeted departments.
- Consults with executive and department leaders on metric results and best practice strategies for improving the experience of patients and families
- Responsible for maintaining an active role with the regional CE team and participates in the orientation and training of new nurses, new hires, education, and regional planning and deployments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or healthcare administration or nursing
- Two (2) years of leadership experience with ability to educate, mentor, and counsel effectively
- Two (2) years’ experience in behavioral coaching
- Four (4) years of professional experience in business operations, performance improvement, and/or healthcare
- Current, valid State of Florida RN Licensure or Patient Experience Certification.
- Master’s degree in nursing or business administration, or healthcare administration (Preferred)
- Ten (10) or more years of professional experience in business operations, performance improvement, and/or healthcare (Preferred)
- Certification in training and/or human performance improvement such as Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) or Human Performance Improvement Certification (HPI) by Association of Talent Development (ATD) or University Sponsored Curriculum (Preferred)
- Lean, Six Sigma Black, or Green Belt (Preferred)
- Training certificate from Association of Talent Development (ATD) (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.