All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
$5,000.00 sign-on (2-year commitment)
$1,500.00 relocation to qualified candidates
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT M-F 40hr/wk Hybrid position
The role you’ll contribute:
This position is located within the Orlando, Florida area and you will be working with a team of 12 Radiation Oncologist, 11 Physicist, and 11 Dosimetrist as we cover 7 locations. This position will mainly be working at the Orlando site.
Our facilities are equipped with a Varian Truebeam accelerators, with three new Truebeams being installed in 2024, VisionRT (AlignRT and SimRT), Siemens or GE large bore CT scanners along with Varian’s ARIA, Eclipse, and Velocity software. Experience with Elekta Flexitron and Gamma Knife is a plus. Some of the physics QA equipment includes Radformation (ClearCheck, ClearCalc, EZFluence, AutoContour, and RadMachine), Sun Nuclear’ s DailyQA3, IC-Profiler, 1D scanning tank, ArcCheck, RadCalc, and MuCheck for Gamma Knife.
The ideal candidate would be board certified with HDR knowledge in GYN and Prostate Interstitial planning. Strong knowledge base in the clinical realm around treatment planning, simulation, and treatment setup. Becoming part of the team of physicist mentoring our future Medical Physicist in our residency program starting in 2024. Possessing interpersonal qualities such as the ability to work with a high level of initiative and accountability will be important. We are looking for someone that will be focused on patient safety and can work within a team of physicist.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Supports the administration of the radiation safety program, including compliance with all regulating and certifying
agencies, training of staff and supervision of source ordering, handling, waste removal and disposal
• Actively participates in developing new programs and technologies such as information management, treatment
planning and new modalities
• Performs weekly chart reviews and other checks of treatment plans
• Performs dosimetric calculations for external beam, brachytherapy, and radiopharmaceutical therapy
• Provides medical physics consultation to physicians, staff and patients as needed, including radiation safety for patients
• Participates in the quality assurance of linear accelerators, simulators, HDR units and any other radiation therapy
• Performs acceptance testing and commissioning of new equipment.
• Performs all required weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually performance testing on equipment
• May assist in physics coverage of other radiation oncology locations as directed by Chief Physicist.
• Provides clinical guidance of dosimetrists and board eligible medical physicists and provides feedback in their annual
• Provides treatment coverage as outlined by Federal and State regulation and department SOP.
• Prepares patient treatment planning related data as requested from authorization for release of protected health
information records release.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Master's in Physics or related field
• Three years of clinical radiation therapy physics' experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Therapeutic Rec Specialist Certification
• Qualified Medical Physicist 2/28/22
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Cancer Institute
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23047780
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $87.94 - $145.96
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23047780
Job Family: Cancer Institute
Shift: 1 - Day