AdventHealth Senior Nurse Manager Bone Marrow Transplant PCU FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Nurse Manager Bone Marrow Transplant PCU AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32803
- The Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit (BMTU) is a 32-bed inpatient unit dedicated to caring for patients receiving blood stem cell transplants, bone marrow transplants, or cord blood transplants. In 2019, we were able to care for 135 transplant patients. Our program is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), which is the threshold for excellence in cellular therapy and demonstrates our commitment to our patients.
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
• Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Human Resource Management – Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to:
- Selects applicant for interview and hire and assures appropriate orientation.
Financial Management – Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
Champions performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
Critical Thinking/Technology – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
Plans, organizes and leads the unit through application of critical thinking skills
Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge – Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of assigned unit. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality.
Leads the employees in a manner which develops the employee to their optimal level of performance
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion or within 36 months of hire/promotion
- Minimum two years acute care nursing practice experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) at time of hire/promotion highly preferred
- Prior management experience
- Specific education and experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- Professional certification from a national organization
The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing(DON)orChief Nursing Officer (CNO)and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo. The NM actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.