AdventHealth Senior Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery FT Days Heart of Florida in Orlando, Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- Full Time Days
- Human Resource Management – Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to:
- Selects applicant for interview and hire and assures appropriate orientation.
- Suspend or invoke other discipline for work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations by exercising supervisory authority.
- Evaluates supervised employees, recommends promotion of supervised employees, and recommends bonuses and awarding of other discretionary rewards to supervised employees.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Department, terminates supervised employees, where appropriate.
- The assignment of employees to particular duties or activities or to authorize and assign overtime to employees where appropriate.
- The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work overtime scheduling, and other work-related matters.
- Assures diversity of staff is positively fostered in the work environment. Actively involves all groups in shared decision-making where appropriate.
- Financial Management – Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
- Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Champions performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Critical Thinking/Technology – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
- Plans, organizes and leads the unit through application of critical thinking skills
- Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge – Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of assigned unit. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality.
- Leads the employees in a manner which develops the employee to their optimal level of performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion or within 36 months of hire/promotion
- Minimum two years acute care nursing practice experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) at time of hire/promotion highly preferred
- Prior management experience
- Specific education and experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification from a national organization
The Senior Nurse Manager is a registered professional nurse with comprehensive responsibility for the assessment, problem identification, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and coordination of all processes which impact the quality and quantity of care delivered to the patients of specific age groups identified by the standards of care. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing assures evaluation of outcomes that promote high quality practice delivery in assigned patient areas. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing provides leadership in the delivery of care and nursing practice both in the clinical unit and the organization. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing interacts with staff, and contributes to the professional development of the leadership team in her areas of responsibility, leadership peers, and other colleagues. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing collaborates as needed with all levels of nursing staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders in relation to the delivery of quality care. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing acts as an advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing, other professions, institutions, and organizations, especially related to health and safety. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients in their assigned areas and participates in planning the success of patient experience and outstanding customer service activities. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing promotes a learning environment that is open, respectful, and promotes the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes. The Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing develops both unit activities that support the elements of extending excellence. Is knowledge of and adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, the ANA Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, State Board of Nursing Practice Act, the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies, and the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
In addition, the Senior Nurse Manager of Nursing actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.