All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· $5,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Unit Description: Location : 601 E Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
· Situated on 3 rd floor of our Ginsberg Tower, GPS specializes in Pre and Post op care for our Neurosurgery service line. Providing high acuity care for our Pediatric and Adult population
· Spine/Stroke certified unit
o Interventional Radiology Surgery
o Spinal Surgery
o Seizure focus mapping
o Laser ablation
The role you’ll contribute:
The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing (DON) or Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo. The NM actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Human Resource Management – Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
· Financial Management – Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
· Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization
· Critical Thinking/Technology – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
· Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge – Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of assigned unit. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality
· Communication and Relationship Building – Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
· Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion or within 36 months of hire/promotion
Minimum two years acute care nursing practice experience
Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing at time of hire/promotion highly preferred
Prior management experience
Specific knowledge and skills as delineated by the unit of employment
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23021854
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $45.201 - $67.802
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23021854
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day