All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift M-F;11PM-7AM Holiday and Weekend Rotations As Needed
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Lead Sterile Processing Technician position is for an experienced Certified Sterile Processing Technician. Under supervision of the SPD (Sterile Processing Department) Supervisor / Manager , the Lead Sterile Processing Technician will serve as a shift lead and will run a shift independently when supervisors are not present. The position will assist and monitor activities related to sterilization, decontamination, and disinfection for their assigned shift while promoting services and satisfaction through training, education, and resolution of instrument set and processes concerns of staff and physicians. The lead sterile processing tech assists Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Manager/ Supervisor in overseeing compliance with regulatory considerations. Participates in orientation of new hires, quality audits, and performance improvement activities for the department. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Serves as Shift Charge person in the absence of department leadership. In this capacity they prioritize work throughout the shift to ensure instrumentation and equipment are available as needed. Ensures safe work practices for all employees. Monitors staff use of PPE in decontamination area. Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees.
· Participates and assists with new employee orientation, on the job training, in-service education and facility process improvement initiatives when needed.
· Oversees and monitors supply/equipment inventory as required for department.
· Rotates assignments among various areas within the department functions including but not limited to: decontamination, surgical and other tray assembly sterilization processes, management of equipment and facilitator.
· Operates complex sterilization equipment, selects the correct method of sterilization based upon manufacturers’ instructions for use (IFU).
· Utilizes recall process for sterilization failures. Notifies supervisor or manager of positive result.
· Communicates effectively and uses the chain of command as necessary to resolve issues.
· Monitors sterilization practices , keeps accurate records utilizes knowledge of sterilization parameters and takes corrective action if parameters are not met.
· Monitors work environment to ensure infection control standards are met. Ensures department is cleaned daily. Monitors environmental controls (temp and humidity, air flow) and takes corrective action as needed.
· Identifies and resolves issues associated with malfunctioning equipment. Responds to problem calls from all customers, always communicates in a professional manner to all hospital team members.
· Maintains competency by attending continuing education seminars related to Sterile Processing issues and attending in-services on new equipment and instrumentation in the department.
· Serves as specialty service line coordinator, overseeing quality, availability, and completeness of surgical trays within stated service line. Acts as liaison between OR specialty coordinator or OR leadership and SPD for matters related to the stated service line.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two years of experience in a healthcare based sterile processing department
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Certification through HSPA (Healthcare Sterile Processing Association) and Materials Management) (CRCST) or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) (CSPDT)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041915
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23041915
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day