All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule : Full Time
Shift : Monday - Friday 7AM-3:30PM with some flexing
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Sterile Processing Educator/ Quality Auditor â€“ System is responsible for facilitating the development of system Sterile Processing education through active participation in orientation, training, on-going staff development and evaluation of compliance to related guidelines for all levels of personnel served. Participates in the development of formal and informal education programs and activities to communicate policy revision and organizational goals and improve standards and performance expectations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· CAMPUS LIAISON: Serves as a liaison to all campus Sterile Processing departments for educational consultation, orientation of new Sterile Processing staff, conducts campus rounds to oversee system and unit education.
· EDUCATION CREATION: Utilizes principles of education and adult learning to provide opportunities and experiences for professional growth consistent with the Novice to Expert continuum. Utilizes the process of systematic inquiry to develop educational activities. Integrates published research and current literature to develop and implement learning activities. Promotes continuous improvement. Collaborates to implement change.
· ORIENTATION (as applicable): Responsible for orientation and onboarding of all levels of Sterile Processing staff. Individualizes, plans, implements and evaluates orientation programs in response to, staff learning needs and organizational goals.
· PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Responsible for assigned system education/projects including, but not limited to, education for regulatory compliance and system priorities. Organizes, facilitates and oversees quarterly education, including annual competencies for Sterile Processing.
· QUALITY ASSURENCE: Validates compliance of Advent Health Policies and Procedures, AAMI standards, and regulatory guidelines by conducting regularly scheduled quality audits.
· STAFF DEVELOPMENT: Develops individualized study plans to prepare uncertified staff members for Central Service Tech Certification from IAHCSMM or Certification Board for Sterile Processing or Distribution (CBSPD)
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· 4 years sterile processing experience in a hospital setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Central Service Tech Certification from Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (HSPA) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23042558
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23042558
Job Family: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Shift: 1 - Day