Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time - AdventHealth University - Nursing
Shift : days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian value
The role you’ll contribute:
The primary role of the Success Coach & Remediation Specialist is to assist students to achieve high outcomes in academic performance and licensure pass rates. The academic coach engages students in early identification, intervention, remediation and other evidenced based coaching strategies for improved retention, persistence, progression, academic, and NCLEX-RN success. The NCLEX-RN coach assists the student in the utilization of structured resources and processes. The Success Coach and Remediation Specialist will also help gather feedback from surveys, research, assessment and evaluation, and accreditation activities and develop reporting for leadership review. Supports the Director, Vice Chair and Dean, with the following responsibilities: surveys, data collection, analysis of data, and research activities. Will professionally represent Dean or designee as requested and in all associated responsibilities.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Meets with all students to conduct gap analysis to create a success plan.
· Monitor student performance and document progress, coaching activities, and improvement.
· Maintains regular communication with students and their faculty and refers to other academic or psychosocial resources as appropriate.
· Maintains nursing faculty teaching assignment in area of expertise as assigned.
· Provides orientation and ongoing support for other nursing faculty in student success tools and strategies in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory settings.
· Participate in nursing program and University committees.
· Serve as an advisor and counselor to nursing students.
· Demonstrates a commitment to student success.
· Designs and implements teaching strategies to help nursing students meet the course objectives and outcomes.
· Provides evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluates student learning in an objective manner.
· Evaluates each nursing student’s experience, achievement, and progress in relation to the clinical outcomes.
· Facilitates ongoing supplemental instruction sessions (review sessions, workshops, study seminars) for NCLEX-RN for nursing students.
· Maintains close communication with program directors and faculty regarding below-standard student performance.
· Maintains appropriate advising files; directs students to appropriate college resources; maintains confidentiality; periodically evaluates graduation progress and completion.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· MSN degree required.
· Evidence of teaching experience at the university level.
· Minimum of two years clinical experience as a registered nurse.
· Recent clinical experience is necessary to function effectively and safely in the area of assigned responsibility.
· Ability to meet health credentials requirement if teaching in clinical settings.
· Excellent written, oral, and teaching skills.
· Knowledge of and commitment to the Department of Nursing’s mission, philosophy, goals, and student outcomes.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current unexpired license to practice nursing in the State of Florida or nursing licensure compact state
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Teaching Faculty
Organization: AdventHealth University
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23033512
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 671 WINYAH DRIVE
Pay Range: $33.19 - $66.91
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23033512
Job Family: Teaching Faculty
Shift: 1 - Day