AdventHealth Surgery Scheduler Gastroenterology Hepatology Orlando FT Days in Orlando, Florida
* Surgery Scheduler - AdventHealth Medical Group*
* Location Address: 661 East Altamonte Drive suite 222 Altamonte Drive FL 32701*
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group*
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
* Work Hours/Shift: Full-time Mon – Thurs 8:00am – 5:00pm Fri 8:00am – 2:00pm*
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Obtains authorization for hospital admission from patient’s insurance carrier.
- Updates patient account with hospital pre-certification number, admission date, and postoperative days to allow for the timely billing of claims.
- Coordination of surgical schedule with dictationist for patient history and physicals.
Organizes information needed for appropriate billing to include operative, pathology, and CPT code sheets.
Maintains monthly totals of inpatient, outpatient, and assisted procedures
* What You Will Need:*
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Medical office experience as cashier or receptionist – required
- Bilingual candidates are a plus
- One year of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding experience preferred.
- Experience with word processing & computers preferred. MEDIC software experience a plus.
- Must be willing to float to other FHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
* Job Summary:*
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for greeting, instructing, directing and scheduling patients. Responsibilities include scheduling surgical procedures, pre-admission testing, and posting of surgical charges. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.