AdventHealth Transport Nurse EMS FT Nights in Orlando, Florida
Transport Nurse AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
• Full Time Nights
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Completes and documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols’ and AH policy.
- Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Adheres to safety requirements and applies caution remaining alert to hazards at all times, while transporting patients. Utilizes proficiency in radio communications and emergency procedures.
- Communicates patient updates to physicians and receiving units through dispatch for medical control.
- Completes timely patient care documentation for patient hand off and safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Three years experience in an emergency department/critical care unit which may include CV-ICU/ICU/CL/CCU/Neuro ICU
- Five years of patience care experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- OB and Peds experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a registered professional nurse.
- Trauma Nurse Course Certified (TNCC)
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certified Emergency RN/Critical Care RN (CEN/CCRN)
- Instructor status in one certification (ACLS, PALS, or TNCC)
- Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) Transport RN certification
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Under general supervision, the Transport Nurse is responsible for the safe transport of critically ill patients, working jointly with appropriate staff (i.e. EMT, CCEMT-P, Flight RT) in patient care decisions. Completes and documents patient assessments, treatments, medication, reactions as per department protocols and AH policy. Adheres to all safety requirements while transporting patients, in and around vehicles/aircraft. Communicates patient updates to physicians with hand of care to receiving RN and appropriate triage of urgency. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.