AdventHealth Unit Manager Registered Nurse RN AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North Full Time in Orlando, Florida
- Reviews and maintains the resident matrix/roster daily. Updates pertinent information and changes after reviewing with the interdisciplinary team in daily CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) meeting. Discusses changes with the MDS Coordinator and RN Director of Nursing.
- Participate with staff in the observation of residents and the care planning process.
- Offers input and suggestions to the Director of Nursing on how to deliver the best quality care for the residents.
- Monitors staffing patterns including excessive overtime and minimum staffing.
- Monitor resident infections and antibiotic use data and communicate to the appropriate individual for each episode of infection involving a resident on the designated form.
- Provides supervision and structure for residents on the assigned units to determine that residents are provided assistance with meals to maintain nutritional status needs. Insures that residents participating in mealtime restorative programs are monitored and certified nursing assistants maintain accurate records of all resident oral intakes.
- Coordinates the monthly drug regiment reviews for the unit with the Consultant Pharmacist. Advise Director of Nursing on the medication pass audits that require scheduling. Inspect the medication room and med carts to insure they are orderly, clean and sanitary as well as properly locked/secured.
- Ensures a well-organized unit by following the facility policies to insure chain of command is followed and that each level of nursing personnel assigned to the unit fulfills their job description and renders quality care. Makes recommendations to the Director of Nursing when organization is lacking or a need for modification or improvement is identified.
- Monitors staff to determine the unit is maintained in a clean, orderly and functional manner.
- Supplies are available to provide resident care and accounted for as well as utilized to prevent loss and/or waste. Utility rooms and storage areas are cleaned at least once per shift.
- Attend Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), department head meetings, and supervisory nursing meetings to insure the facility is progressing as one entity and following one set of quality standards. Is responsible for conducting unit meetings with staff to insure communication is complete. Works in a cooperative manner with other managers to share and provide a team spirit throughout the facility.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing in the investigating, documenting and reporting of any incidents. Route all original incident/ accident reports to the Director of Nursing within 24 to 48 hours.
- Monitor all orientation documentation for completeness and return to Staff Developer or Director of Nursing.
- Conducts ongoing rounds to determine that resident safety devices are appropriate and used as the resident’s plan of care indicates.
- Reports resident grievances and family concerns to the Director of Nursing or designee.
- Monitoring of 24 hour report, new orders and verification of census.
- Perform clinical assessments as requested by licensed staff
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Meet the state specific educational requirements for the nursing supervisory position
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.