AdventHealth Wound Care Skin Integrity Registered Nurse RN AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North FT Days in Orlando, Florida
- Responsible for reviewing daily the 24-hour report and new orders for potential resident condition changes that may require an assessment.
- Attend the following committees daily: Abbreviated Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee, Admission Committee, and Nutritional at Risk (NAR) Committee.
- Attend the following: Patient Care Conference, Nutritional Assessment Committee (NAR) and Care Plan Meeting.
- Responsible for chairing the Skin Care Committee meeting.
- Required to review the Utilization Review Committee (UR) report for potential residents requiring evaluation and/or recommendations.
- Meet with Central Supply coordinator once a week to review the Medication Administration Record (MAR), Treatment Administration Record (TAR), and check supply orders.
- Conduct wound rounds weekly and provide report for rounds weekly to Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for immediately notifying the Director of Nursing of any new areas of in-house skin breakdowns.
- Attend resident care plan meetings as required.
- Assist with the education of staff, residents, and their families regarding skin care and/or wound care.
- Complete wound analysis form from the assessment schedule once a week. A wound analysis must be completed for each resident’s wound. Ensure all wounds are documented and displayed on the weekly wound report.
- Responsible for maintaining the stocking of the Wound Care cart.
- Responsible to be available daily as a resource to staff to assist in resident skin care needs and analysis.
- Maintain an updated list of specialty beds being utilized in the facility and provide a copy monthly, with cost analysis, to the Director of Nursing.
- May participate in product analysis as requested by the Director of Nursing and/or Administration.
- Responsible for following and supporting the utilization of the Wound Care Formulary policy and protocol.
- Prepares a monthly Quality Assurance report to be present in the facility’s monthly Quality Assurance meeting.
- Participates in the Primary Nursing process, and responsible for completing an assignment as designated.
- Responsible for reviewing, understanding, and following policies and procedures related to skin and wound care.
- Responsible to train and educate relief wound care nursing staff as required.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.