AdventHealth Bereavement Coordinator - Full Time - Days in Ormond Beach, Florida
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Grief Counseling
- Grief and loss issues
- Hospice experience or related health care field
- Facilitating groups
- Master’s degree in Social Work, counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Active Driver’s license and auto insurance
The Bereavement Social Worker provides various bereavement follow-up services to HospiceCare families/caregivers for at least thirteen months after the patient's death. Services are directed toward individuals experiencing normal grief reactions with the goal of providing support and education to promote healthy grieving and minimize negative physical, emotional, social and spiritual consequences of this time. The Bereavement Social Worker works closely with the interdisciplinary team and at times provides Hospice Social Work services. The Bereavement Social Worker is responsible for assessing risk levels of patients and families for follow up services. The Bereavement Social Worker is responsible for required documentation per Hospice Medicare COPs and Memorial services. The Bereavement Social Worker reports to the Assistant Director of Clinical Services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.