AdventHealth Executive Director of Hospital Operations FT Days in Ormond Beach, Florida
Executive Director of Hospital Operations- AdventHealth Medical Group East
Location Address: 770 W. GRANADA BLVD, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group East
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
Relocation and sign-on bonus available
- Creates an effective working environment where communication, professional development and quality are always encouraged and maintains positive relations acting as liaison with employees, physicians, patients and community as applicable
- Ensures high quality care and excellent customer service; working to make improvements as necessary
- Develops and implements communication plans to drive goals and initiatives
- Participates in, formulates and ensures update of organizational policy respective to area of responsibility
- Participates on and/or leads various committees as assigned/requested
- Is a leadership resource for management and team to achieve AHMG specific and organizational goals and accountabilities. Reviews data and engages with AHMG leadership, AdventHealth hospital campus leadership, and other entities to meet dashboards and scorecards, as applicable. Creates action plans to achieve positive outcomes.
- Communicating and collaborating closely with other components of AdventHealth for transitions of care and other departments and programs (e.g. Population Health, Finance, and IT) to assure that AHMG fully realizes its potential for innovative, high quality , effective and efficient care delivery; and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Primary accountability of adult hospitalist, neuro-hospitalist, and skilled nursing facility service lines
- Leads out in potential expansion of accountable service-lines across region/division, as applicable
- Accountable for assuring compliance and providing evidence of performance with the State of Florida regulatory agencies, basic Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations, as well as other local, state, and federal agencies, regulatory, and accrediting bodies and applicable policies and procedures.
- Adheres to applicable practice standards specific to area of responsibility.
OPERATING AND CAPITAL BUDGET/FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- Ensures that all practices are within scope of responsibility and operate within allocated budget.
- Implements appropriate tracking systems for success measures and reports as required.
- Prepares, executes and monitors operating budgets to ensure appropriate staffing, professional development, space, supplies, equipment, etc., for maintaining and improving quality of service and performance standards as applicable within scope of responsibility.
- Analyzes data from all inputs that relate to quality, cost, and care coordination and prepare comprehensive reports and updates for the COO.
- Develops and implements initiatives, processes, and systems and creates goals that align with organizational and operational strategies; supporting organizational initiatives.
- Encourages business growth and development by actively seeking out new opportunities to increase referrals, and market share.
- Establishing a model of care within these physician practices as part of an integrated delivery system that creates high value care, improves the health status of the population that AHMG and the hospital campuses serve, contains cost, and provides an enhanced patient experience.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- Acts as change agent; utilizing change theory to plan for the implementation of organizational change.
- Develops action plans; leads and supports practice/process changes, performance improvement activities, etc.
- Develops dashboards and feedback mechanisms ensuring transparency and open data communication.
- Monitors relevant outcomes ensuring services are provided at appropriate levels for all stakeholders.
- Coordinates efforts to promote and provide information on the CREATION Health philosophy to leaders and employees working in assigned departments.
- Ensures that the services offered, within scope of responsibility and as applicable, are properly communicated in the community
- Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions; champions a diverse workforce, interprets and evaluates employee satisfaction and quality of work surveys to achieve positive outcomes
- Establishing, implementing and managing staffing of assigned practices that is appropriate to meet the AHMG model of care, and is consistently applied to meet organizational objectives.
- Assesses plans to address issues such as ethnic, cultural and diversity changes in the population; political and social influences; financial and economic issues; aging of society and demographic trends; ethical issues; and environmental influences on health
- Accepts organizational accountability for scope of practice outcomes; holds leadership and staff accountable for outcomes and work performed, including performance improvement outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field
- Seven (7) years’ proven experience including at least five (5) years’ experience in a large, multi-specialty physician group
- Four (4) years of leadership experience
The Executive Director of Hospital Operations serves as the AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG) leader providing overall leadership, direction, and administration to ensure compliance with the mission, as well as regulatory guidelines, in order to carry out the strategic objectives of the organization. The Executive Director reports to the AHMG Chief Medical Officer and partners with AdventHealth hospital campus leadership to ensure goals and strategic plans are achieved.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.