AdventHealth Home Health - RN Case Manager - Offsite - Full Time - Days in Ormond Beach, Florida
AdventHealth - Home Health - RN Case Manager
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- $5,000 Sign On Bonus if eligible
- Join an organization whose mission is "To Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- Opportunities for career growth within an organization recognized locally and nationally as a healthcare leader
- No state income tax
Full Time, Days, fixed hours/points per day.
Registered Nurse that manages the home care patient from admission to discharge. Communicates with physician in developing plan of care, coordinates all services received.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Initiates, schedules/supervises, and coordinates care of assigned patients. Is responsible for continuous review of all aspects of every patient on their caseload including: appropriate utilization of services, ensuring continued skilled need, monitoring of homebound status, review of documentation in the medical record, maintenance of interdisciplinary communication, and discharge planning.
· Initial assessment of patient in their home according to agency policies and procedures including OASIS and follows State and Federal requirements.
· Manages episodes of assigned patients as evidenced by favorable patient outcomes. Addresses all nursing diagnoses identified in the Plan of Care.
· Ongoing evaluation and education of client in holistic manner. Reassess the patient within 48 hours following a change in patient condition or discharge from a 24 hour or longer hospital stay.
· Establishes and updates Plan of Care every 60 days or more frequently if needed. Develops Plan of Care to reflect current needs at time of recertification to include all disciplines
· Is responsible for participating and completion of monthly and admission case conferences. Maintains communication with physician and interdisciplinary team when additional patient needs are identified.
· Assures physician orders for care meet regulatory requirements.
· Supervision of LPNâ€™s and Home Health Aides team members with a home visit every two weeks.
· Provides accurate, current documentation according to agency /regulatory policy and procedures within 24 hrs.
· Maintains proficiency in clinical assessment skills.
· Meets productivity target consistently.
· Participates in Performance Improvement studies as required.
· Participates in student nurse and new employee development.
· Able to function as RN Clinical Supervisor as needed.
· Participates in on-call/evening rotation.
· Demonstrates good time management skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be fluent in the English language
· Background check meets organizational guidelines
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Demonstrates moderate computer skills
· Two years of experience in Medicare Certified Home Health Agency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Professional Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state of Florida
· Minimum 1 year home health nursing experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelors degree preferred
· Broad clinical background in areas such as medical/surgical, intensive care
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Florida
· Basic Life Support certification
· Valid Florida drivers license, safe driving record and reliable transportation
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Palm Coast
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.