AdventHealthPerformance Improvement RN - Full Time - Days in
Ormond Beach, Florida
Home Health Performance Improvement RN
AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location Address: Ormond Beach Home Health Administration office.
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Palm Coast
Work for a healthcare system that believes in “Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ”
Career growth and advancement potential
No State income tax
Competitive Pay and benefits
Full Time, Days 8:30a-5p
Responsible for performing activities of the performance improvement program and related functions of the home health department. Related functions include but are not limited to staff development, education, coding, working reports related to billing and certification review. The PI Nurse operates independently under the general supervision of the PI Coordinator.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serves as a resource person to staff regarding agency operation and regulatory agency/intermediary requirements
· Optimizes the smooth transition of care from referral source to home.
· Communicates effectively with all team members to ensure care is appropriately set up and managed for the patient.
· Performs assigned duties that may include PI education; collection, and use of comparative data; assists with the implementation and monitoring of all aspects of the annual performance improvement program.
· As assigned: reviews admission records for accuracy including certification and OASIS congruency and coding; assists in working batch error reports, bill hold and other billing reports, checks orders for completeness prior to mailing.
· Assists with review of clinical records for quality and appropriateness of care issues.
· Assists in the orientation of new employees, ensuring that appropriate areas are covered and the employee is provided with adequate learning opportunities to grasp homecare concepts and processes.
· Assists with coordination of in-service education to the interdisciplinary team, may coordinate educational events to improve clinician skills. Performs duties as an educational resource in the department.
· Assists with implementation of the infection control program. Participates in prevention and surveillance activity; staff education; hospital program as needed.
· Submits accurate, complete and legible reports/statistical documentation as appropriate in the correct time frame specified.
· Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements and administrative experience in home health agency
· Demonstrates moderate computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Professional Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state of Florida
· Minimum 3 years home health experience as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Florida
· Basic Life Support certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.