All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Medical Social Worker Hospice PRN
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
The Social Worker acts as a member of the interdisciplinary team that manages the emotional and social service needs of an assigned caseload of patients and families currently on hospice services. The Social Worker coordinates all social service interventions and referrals, including needs assessment, supportive counseling, networking, financial assessments and financial resources procurement. This level of support is provided in response to the Initial Assessment and will be created as part of the Comprehensive Assessment in order to promote the patient and familyâ€™s well-being throughout the dying process,
Location: Volusia and Flagler Counties
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Hospice Care
The role you’ll contribute:
The PRN (On-Call, Shift-Pay) Chaplain provides the healing ministry of compassionate spiritual care to patients, their families, and staff, being always sensitive to the traditions and beliefs of those being ministered to.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Evaluates the psychosocial needs of each patient and family care unit.
· Develops and implements the psychosocial plan of care in response to the needs of the patients and families.
· Travels to patient residence and performs initial assessment. Identifies and assesses the psychosocial needs of the patient and family, and the care giving relationships and dynamics between the patient and family for the patient interdisciplinary care plan.
· Assists the patients and families with obtaining financial resources.
· Provides services as determined by interdisciplinary team and reports back to registered nurse regarding assessment and need for other organizational resources.
· Communicates with care givers and make referrals for intra-organizational services and community resources such as Medicaid, Salvation Army, and food banks.
· Provides education and assistance in completing Advance Directives.
· Provides counseling to patient or family care unit on individual or group basis.
· Interacts with facility/hospital case managers to provide appropriate hospice services.
· Evaluates family care unit bereavement needs at the time of admission throughout the hospice process to the patient’s death. Completes referral to Bereavement Department and documents appropriately.
· Maintains appropriate professional documentation related to the patient/caregivers as part of the Plan of Care in the electronic medical record. Ensures accurate and timely completion.
· Participates as a member of the assigned interdisciplinary team and attends all scheduled meetings.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Minimum qualifications :
o Graduate of a Master’s program in Social Work
o One year experience in a healthcare setting
o Valid driver’s license, active auto insurance and reliable transportation
o Current, valid CPR certification (American Heart Association BLS).
· Education and Experience Preferred:
o Licensed or eligible for licensure within the State of Florida LCSW
o Hospice experience
o Hospice Medicare Conditions of Participation
o Hospice and Palliative Care Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Palm Coast HHA and Hospice
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24004855
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Palm Coast HHA and Hospice
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $31.75 - $31.75
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Job ID: 24004855
Job Family: Hospice
Shift: 1 - Day