Medical Technologist FT Days $10,000 Sign on Bonus– AdventHealth Ottawa
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Family friendly community
Excellent cost of living
Five major recreational lakes
Many annual events and festivals
Environment committed to patient care
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT Days, $10,000 Sign on Bonus
Shift : Monday-Friday
1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
The community you’ll be caring for:
Your health extends far beyond the physical. That’s why AdventHealth Ottawa, formerly Ransom Memorial Health, is committed to strengthening your body, mind and spirit. Our providers, specialists and staff serve the local community in and around Franklin County. With our whole-hearted support, you can start on the path to wellness today.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Scientist II performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
• Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
• Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab leadership. May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students.
• Provides guidance to technicians and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary
• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
• Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities
• Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area
• Participates in the evaluation of new laboratory techniques and procedures. Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned. Assists in the documentation and submission of required laboratory, departmental, and staff statistics/reports
• May assess competencies according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations
• Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, biological sciences or related field
- Two years of technical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION: REQUIRED:
- In licensure states, Laboratory Licensure in appropriate specialty(ies) for the department or location assignment as applicable to the state -OR - •In non-licensure states, must hold a national certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Ottawa
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Ottawa
Req ID: 23007287
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.