Pharmacy Technician – Part Time – AdventHealth Ottawa
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off from Day One
Benefits from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time - Variable shifts based on need of the pharmacy. Pharmacy hours are 5a-5p; 7 days per week.
Location: 1301 Main, Ottawa, KS
The role you’ll contribute:
Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively performs all pharmacy technician functions and maintains active proficiency in standard work parameters, hospital and pharmacy specific computer systems, and operational programs
• Maintains operational expertise and competency in, and actively provides coverage of technician services provided by central pharmacy operations
• Appropriately utilizes medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Maintains expertise in electronic medical records processes and accurately interprets records
• Accurately completes medication inventories and accurately prepares and dispenses patient‐specific medication doses. Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
• Understands how to handle process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hazardous Medication Spill Kits in the event of a cytotoxic spill
• Facilitates medication safety practices by identifying and reporting potential medication errors such as look-alike sound-alike medications.
• Prepares and delivers accurate, safe and timely medication
• Supports and collaborates with the decentralized pharmacy staff and patient care providers to optimize care and improve services.
Clinical Pharmacy Services
• Supports practice in all pharmacy areas and clinical services
Teamwork and Inter-Professional Collaboration
• Presents to assigned areas on time and ready to work and does not exhibit unscheduled absenteeism
• Assures continuity of care between shifts, among pharmacy staff assignments, and across pharmacy practice areas
• Works effectively with all members of the healthcare team to ensure the best outcome for the patient
• Demonstrates sensitivity to the perspective of the patient, caregiver, or health care colleague in all communications
• Actively supports teammates (pharmacists, technicians, managers)
• Uses effective negotiation skills to resolve conflicts
• Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's service standards of Own It, Make It Easy, Love Me, and Keep Me Safe.
Teaching, Training, Precepting, and Mentorship
• Mentors new-staff and assists with training
• Supports experiential training of pharmacy trainees and actively engaged in student learning experiences, if applicable
Quality Improvement, Regulatory Compliance, and Accreditation
• Supports and participates in medication‐use process improvements led by colleagues and peers
• Supports regulatory compliance initiatives and supports institutional accreditation processes
Professional Activities and Practice Advancements
• Maintains a commitment to pharmacy practice by supporting improvements in and contributions to pharmacy practice
Leadership and Organizational Involvement
• Participates in departmental meetings
• Participates in departmental educational activities
• Supports practice advancement initiatives, clinical research projects, and stewardship initiatives led by colleagues and peers
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications - External
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School degree or equivalent
• One year of contemporary hospital pharmacy experience, retail or ambulatory experience acceptable
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Pharmacy Intern or Registered Pharmacy Technician
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Ottawa
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23022394
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 1301 SOUTH MAIN STREET
Pay Range: $15 - $19.27
Location: Ottawa, KS
Job ID: 23022394
Job Family: Pharmacy
Shift: 1 - Day