AdventHealth Assistant Director of Nursing ADON Full Time Days Overland Park 3K Sign On Bonus in Overland Park, Kansas
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
6501 West 75th Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
· AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
· The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
· The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
· The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
· Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide leadership in formulating the philosophy of the in-service education programs in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of Nursing Service.
- In coordination with the Director of Nursing, determines needs of employees and implements a program of instruction designed to meet those needs.
- Develops and directs orientation programs for all nursing personnel.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts regular and special in-service training sessions for staff to familiarize them with new procedures, policies, and changes in resident care techniques.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize records pertinent to in-service programs.
- May be designated as the infection control preventionist.
- Supervises the manner in which physicians orders are implemented.
- Participates in the hiring process of facility staff by performing drug screening, etc.
- Maintains employee health records.
- Attends staff education, training, and other meetings.
- Participates in monitoring staffing and schedules and assist in ensuring the nursing department is adequately staffed.
- Evaluates nursing procedures and makes recommendations for equipment replacement or procurement to the DON.
- Works as RN coverage on the unit when needed.
What You Will Need:
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Prior teaching experience preferred
Assists in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director. Assists in planning, organizing, and directing educational programs relating to training orientation and in-
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.