Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
6501 West 75th Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
· AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
· The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
· The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
· The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
· Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Full-Time Evenings - 3p - 11p
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Administers scheduled medications prescribed for routine administration, according to established facility medication administration policies and procedures.
· Administers medications to confused, agitated and/or upset residents in a safe and professional manner and accurately document this activity.
· Complies with the Resident Bill of Rights.
· Reports to the unit nurse when coming on duty and going off duty. Obtains assignments and specific directions from unit nurses on assigned areas.
· Reports to unit nurse any physical and emotional change in resident status immediately.
· Checks and records vitals on a regular basis following established policy or at the request of the unit nurse or at own discretion if the need exists and in conjunction with prescribed medication therapy. Reports to the unit nurse any changes from prior readings.
· Follows directions given by unit nurse and nurse manager/coordinator.
· Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
· May come in contact with blood and other infectious materials. Follows Universal Precautions.
· Follows the Nursing Standards of Practice.
· Follows the resident’s care plan and communicates with the nurse about changes.
· Other duties and responsibilities that may be required by the unit nurse.
What You Will Need:
Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
Current Certified Nursing Assistant license
Approved Medication Assistant Training Program Certification
Must be 18 years of age or older
Under the supervision and direction of a licensed nurse, prepares, administers, and records select oral, nasal, trans-dermal, rectal, inhalant, and ophthalmic scheduled medications to residents.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: ADH Care Center Overland Park
Req ID: 21014269
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.