AdventHealth Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Various Shifts Available w/ Shift Differentials Overland Park Skilled Nursing in Overland Park, Kansas
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
Walk-in Applicants Welcome for Immediate Interview
6501 West 75th Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
· AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
· The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
· The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
· The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
· Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Various Shifts Available (7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Gives general care such as bathing, dressing, shampooing of hair, nail trimming, cleaning of teeth, hair care, and shaving of residents or assists residents to do their own care within limitation.
- Responsible for making and changing beds.
- Attends to resident’s personal hygiene needs as required. May assist residents to and from the bathroom and give bed pan.
- Serves meals to residents and assists those who cannot feed themselves or need assistance with their meals. Records food and fluid intake per policy and procedures.
- Performs personal care and services to meet individual resident needs and preferences.
- Communicates to enhance dignity and respect.
- Answers call lights as required, keeping in mind that employees must respond to all calls regardless of who has immediate responsibility for the resident.
- Reports any change of condition or unusual findings to the unit nurse per policy and procedures.
- Applies aseptic technique in all resident care. Follows Universal Precautions.
- Assists in transfer maneuvers, using proper body mechanics and gait belts per policy.
- Documents required residents’ information as outlined by the facility policy and procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
- Certified Nursing Assistant License or meets one of the following criteria that will result in certification within 120 days of employment:
- Is certified as a CNA in another state and is awaiting certification by reciprocity in current state
- Has completed and has proof of passing a certification exam, but is still awaiting the actual Certified Nursing Assistant certificate
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.