AdventHealth Driver/Activities Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Overland Park in Overland Park, Kansas
Activities CNA / Driver AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
6501 West 75th Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
· AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
· The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
· The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
· The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
· Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
Responsible for operating all aspects of the facility vehicle safely.
· Schedule service as maintenance dictates.
· Maintain all documentation related to the facility vehicle to be sure that information is valid and current.
· Inspect and certify the hydraulic life annually.
· Complete the transportation log after each transport.
· Wash and clean the interior as needed.
· Safely unload, load, and secure residents for transport.
· Leads daily programs such as exercise, games, religious services, musical activities, movies, parties, and crafts.
· Announces the programs and assists residents to the area of the activity.
· Records attendance for each resident and documents individual responses.
· Reports residents’ adverse responses to the Activities Director.
· Maintains interdepartmental communication to plan special events, outings, etc.
· Sets up and cleans up supplies and areas for programs.
· Creates photo posters, welcome signs for new residents, and other communicative posters.
· Assists and motivates residents in constructing their leisure time with individual interests such as: correspondence, mail delivery, reading mail, craft work, reading, and bedside games.
· Provides individual activities for residents who are unable to participate in group programs.
What You Will Need:
·· Valid state driver’s license in good standing
· Current Certified Nursing Assistant License in the state hired; or meets the state-specific regulations pertaining to reciprocal or post-exam licensure; and obtains state license within first 120 days of employment.
The Facility Driver is responsible for all aspects of operating the facility vehicle safely. They are also responsible for assuring that it is maintained and clean. The Activities CNA leads therapeutic activities under the supervision of the Activity Director. The programs are organized with the assistant’s input and knowledge of the resident’s individual social, religious, educational, and recreational needs. The Activities CNA must maintain a current certified nursing assistant certification in the state they are practicing
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.