Nutrition Associate Part Time – South Overland Park
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 6:00am – 10:00am
Shift : Days
Location: 7840 W 165 th Street, Overland Park, KS 66223
The community you’ll be caring for:
When you need care, you don’t want to have to travel far. Our dedicated team at AdventHealth South Overland Park provides a full suite of medical and emergency services to communities in southern Johnson County. Our team of experts offer 24/7 emergency room services, ICU care, labor and delivery, cardiology care, surgical services, physical, occupational and speech therapy, imaging and more. The state-of-the-art hospital is connected to a medical office building with a full suite of medical services including internal medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, OB/GYN, endocrinology and more. Join us and our commitment to helping patients feel whole for their whole life.
The role you’ll contribute:
Nutrition Associate 2 acts primarily with food preparation and food safety. Nutrition Associates perform a variety of duties including but not limited to: preparation of hot/cold recipes according to standardized recipes in the correct amount for patients and cafeteria; receiving and processing deliveries; cleanliness and sanitation of the department & equipment; assembling & delivering patient meals; maintaining a high level of food safety. Nutrition Associate 2 must be able to work accurately and efficiently on multiple tasks throughout the day and is capable of frequently switching tasks to focus on patient requests and immediate safety/sanitation concerns.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Strives to go above and beyond the customer’s expectations and tries to satisfy the patient/guest’s needs even when it is outside the normal routine.
· Informs supervisor/manager of patient/guest comments and food service issues
· Practices good hand hygiene and demonstrates proper procedures when using single-use gloves.
· Comfortable navigating the hospital and seeking out resources from nursing, dietitians and team leadership when needed for support.
· Consistently arrives on time for shift, beginning tray line on time, and arriving on nursing units at the same time each day, and completes work in an efficient manner.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Read, Write & Speak English
· Legible handwriting
· Mathematical skills essential to job duties
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish)
· Skilled at Microsoft office suite
· Experience with a Point of Sale System
· Food Safety and Sanitation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· 2 years of position related experience
· High School Diploma or GED or 4 years of relevant work experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Prior experience as a line cook or prep cook.
· Prior experience in a hospital or other care facility foodservice operation
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· ServSafe Foodservice Certified
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth South Overland Park
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24005583
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $15.00 - $20.443
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job ID: 24005583
Job Family: Nutritional Services
Shift: 1 - Day