Radiologist Technologist Medical Assistant AdventHealth Centra Care
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Day One Health Benefits
· Commitment to whole-person care
· Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Full time; Rotating schedule, two days on, two days off (Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm), split Fridays (usually 8am-2pm or 2pm-8pm), alternate weekends (required to work every other weekend, hours are 8am-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays), and some holidays
Location: Overland Park, KS
The role you’ll contribute:
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Medical Assistant – RT cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities, including laboratory testing and radiographic exams. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Keep Me Safe, Make It Easy, Love Me and Own It
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Performs basic radiological examinations, including all quality controls/clerical duties. Processes reference laboratory specimens to include venipuncture, specimen handling/labeling, and tracking results.
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs
· Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
· Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
· Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to the patient or family
· Performs required Quality Control checklist to ensure safety of the patient
· Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows safety regulations.
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
· May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Comprehensive knowledge of general medical assistant practices and general radiographic procedures
· Must be able to operate radiographic equipment and work with electrical and radiant energy
· Ability to communicate in English
· Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and others of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast pace, high patient volume environment
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One year of related work experience or graduate of a Medical Assistant program with completion of externship
· CPR Certification
· Current State license – General Radiographer (RT)
· Current State Paramedic license or MA Certification
AND Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
National Health Career Association (“NHA”) for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant
American Allied Health (“AAH”) for Nationally Certified Medical Assistant
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Centra Care
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23024548
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $18.901 - $28.351
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job ID: 23024548
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day