AdventHealth Social Services Director Full Time Days in Overland Park, Kansas
Social Services Director AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
Walk-in Applicants Welcome for Immediate Interview
6501 West 75th Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Overland Park
· AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
· The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
· The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
· The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
· Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provides medical related social services so that each resident may attain or maintain the highest practical level of mental, physical, and psychological well-being.
· Ensures that all PASSARS are completed accurately and timely in coordination with the admissions department.
· Stays current on Federal and State regulations pertaining to social services.
· Assist the resident, responsible party, and supportive others in the adjustment and orientation to the nursing home after admission.
· Conducts psycho-social assessments of residents.
· Ensures timely documentation on each resident in the facility as required.
· Participates in each resident’s plan of care meeting. Oversees that resident/families are invited and informed of the meetings.
· Ensures a Social History is completed as required, following an admission.
· Acts as the Discharge Coordinator for the facility.
· Acts as the grievance/concern intake person for the facility.
· Provides or arranges services for psychiatric medication management and other psych services.
· Coordinates with the facility risk manager and administrator to promptly address all allegations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Assists with investigations and filing of reports as needed.
· Possesses a knowledge of the community resources available and uses them to benefit and improve the quality of care as applicable for each resident.
· Participates in community relations development.
· Attends seminars, conventions and other educational opportunities to keep informed, improve personal knowledge, and share experiences.
· Advocates for the resident and their rights, helping the resident learn assertiveness in communicating their needs, wants, and problems to the appropriate departments and agencies.
· Works with other departments, residents and/or resident’s families in providing adequate appropriate clothing for the residents.
· Assists residents in exercising their right to vote.
· Meets with other providers and services utilized by residents in the facility in preparation for discharge.
· Assists residents with financial and governmental matters such as applying for Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, funeral home arrangements, disability, etc.
· Participates in the quality assurance and performance improvement committee. Coordinates all relevant efforts in the Social Services department.
· Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Human Services field including but not limited to Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Psychology
· Minimum 1 year of related experience
· Must be 18 years of age or older
The Social Services Director functions on behalf of the nursing home and the residents by promoting the general well-being of each resident through identification of their emotional and psychosocial needs.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.