AdventHealth Ultrasound Technologist PT Nights in Overland Park, Kansas
Ultrasound Technologist Part-Time Nights
Location: College Blvd. Campus - 7025 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Eligible on Day One of Employment
24 Hours per Week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Cooperates with all associates in proper conduct of the department.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Follows the “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Follows prescribed hospital safety standards.
- Maintains ethical, professional relationships.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Positions and transfers patients for exams.
- Assists physicians in performing invasive procedures, being responsible for checking necessary lab work pre-exam and for delivering specimens to appropriate areas of the hospital with proper paperwork.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent any contamination.
- Maintains adequate records per department and hospital policies.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Registered as Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Abdominal or OB/GYN (RDMS)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
Performs diagnostic ultrasound imaging procedures. Maintains records of examinations performed. Obtains and documents patient clinical information as needed. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Assists in radiology department as needed. Responsibility to adhere to the Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.