AdventHealth Consumer Access Specialist FT Day Oviedo in Oviedo, Florida
- Established in 1908, AdventHealth is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year.
- The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources.
- The Trickel Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel.
- The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
- Proactively seeks assistance to improve any responsibilities assigned to their role
- Accountable for maintaining a working relationship with clinical partners to ensure open communications between clinical, ancillary, and patient access departments, which enhances the patient experience
- Provides timely and continual coverage of assigned work area in order to offer prompt patient service and availability for all clinical partner registration needs. Arranges relief coverage during extended time away from assigned registration area
- Meets and exceeds productivity standards determined by department leadership
- Meets attendance and punctuality requirements. Maintains schedule flexibility to meet department needs. Exhibits effective time management skills by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime
- If applicable to facility, provides coverage for PBX (Switchboard) as needed, which includes: full shifts, breaks, and any scheduled/ unscheduled coverage requirements
- If applicable to facility, maintains knowledge of PBX (Switchboard), which includes: answering phones, transferring calls or providing alternative direction to the caller, paging overhead codes, and communicating effectively with clinical areas to ensure code coverage. If applicable to facility, knowledge of alarm systems and protocols and expedites code phone response. Maintains knowledge of security protocol
- Actively attends department meetings and promotes positive dialogue within the team
- One year of relevant healthcare experience
- One year of customer service experience
- Prior collections experience
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of direct Patient Access experience
- Associate's degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.