AdventHealth Front Desk Receptionist, PRN with Oviedo Imaging Outpatient in Oviedo, Florida
Front Desk Receptionist PRN - AdventHealth Centra Care
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
Work Hours/Shift: Per DIem
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Waivers-knowledge of insurance carriers for example; Medicare, and procedures that require waivers and obtaining authorization if needed prior to appointment. Responsible to have the patient sign, or explain to the patient, and to forward the waiver to the billing for processing
- Processes payments for co pays/deductibles/co-insurance.
- Answers phones and handles calls in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Schedules patient examinations over the phone and for “walk-in” patients.
- Handles “release of information” requests for patients, referring offices, other medical facilities, attorneys & insurance companies.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum- high school graduate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to operate a computer terminal
- Ability to type 50 wpm
Reporting to the Center Manager, this position (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt) is accountable for providing services to patients, referring physicians, visitors and internal customers by answering phones, scheduling appointments, cheerfully greeting and registering patients along with performing other duties as assigned. The Front Desk Receptionist assures that services are administered using professional standards with a strong focus on customer service excellence and remains self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, insurances and new procedures as they evolve. In addition to the expectations listed below, the Front Desk Receptionist will support other center/company needs directed. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Centra Care
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.