AdventHealth Certified Surgical Tech First Assist Days in Palm Coast, Florida
Certified Surgical Tech First Assist AdventHealth Palm Coast Town Center Surgery
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Pkwy., 1st Floor, Palm Coast, FL 32164
- 5,000 sign on and $3,000 relo
- Flexible schedule
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Ensures that all required supplies, instruments and equipment is available for all assigned procedures
- Participates in room set up, pre-procedure preparations, intra-operative positioning, prepping and draping, and room turn over independently or as directed
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization techniques for all equipment utilized on assigned procedures
- Demonstrates skills such as tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis in an anticipatory manner
- Demonstrates essential mental discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness, stamina, and concentration during the surgical procedure.
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to consistently demonstrate clear communication skills and strong anticipatory skills
- Manual dexterity, lifting, pulling, pushing of equipment, heavy instrument sets and patients required
- Assembly of complex mechanical devices, knowledge of a broad spectrum of surgical instrumentation required
- Enhanced knowledge of a wide breath of surgical procedures, human anatomy and surgical techniques required
- Experience with wound closure techniques required
- Multi-tasking, organization and ability to make sound judgment required
- The ability to work under stressful circumstances
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program or military trained surgical technologist with 5 years minimum experience
- Demonstration of completion of surgical tech first assist program
- BLS certification required
- Certification in Surgical Technology required
- Certification as First Assist
The surgical technologist first assistant actively participates in the on-going management of supply inventories, surgical equipment, operating room suite readiness and direct clinical and technical assistance to the surgeon while performing operative and invasive procedures. This position requires an expanded knowledge of surgical instrumentation, surgical techniques, human anatomy, surgical retracting and wound closure. Assembly of complex mechanical devices, strong anticipatory skills, hand/eye dexterity and sequential planning are required. This position requires staying abreast of new products, procedure research and physician techniques. The surgical technologist first assistant is assigned the role of first assistant or surgical scrub technologist depending on departmental demands and supports Surgical and Endoscopy services. All activities of the surgical technologist first assistant are under the direct supervision of the perioperative registered nurse or operating surgeon/gastroenterologist. Accepts call as assigned..
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.