All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Nights
The community you’ll be caring for: 60 MEMORIAL MEDICAL PKWY, Palm Coast, FL 32164
The role you’ll contribute: The Emergency Department Technician will be responsible for providing basic nursing care to the emergency patient utilizing judgment and skills based on knowledge acquired through didactic and clinical training. Performs clerical duties and surveillance of arrhythmia monitors. Works under the direction of the RN in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of the ED.
The value you’ll bring to the team
· Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
· Obtains vital signs, per unit standard, and reports findings to RN/physician.
· Collects and labels lab specimens.
· Transports patients as directed by the health care team.
· Obtains 12 lead EKG’s.
· Performs blood glucose monitoring and reports findings to RN/physician.
· Removes staples/sutures, applies splints, inserts Foleys, or removes heplocks per policy as directed by nurse.
· Monitors cardiac monitors assigned and recognizes and reports rhythms/arrhythmias.
· Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team.
· Answers telephones and takes and relays messages in a professional manner, accurately and promptly.
· Makes calls to attending physicians or other healthcare facilities at the direction of the physician or nurse.
· Makes calls to arrange transportation for patients being transferred to another healthcare facility.
· Makes calls to obtain a bed assignment and inform admitting clerk of status of patients being admitted.
· Contacts clergy/chaplain upon request by patient or staff.
· Responsible for organizing the inventory needed for patient records.
· Replenishes necessary forms needed as part of the ED record on a daily basis.
· Keeps each ED record assembled and organized from the arrival through discharge.
· Attach lab, radiology results and EKG’s to chart as they become available.
· Utilizes the patient information system and enters physician orders.
· Enters physician orders for diagnostic testing and therapeutic procedures, in compliance with established policies and procedures in order of priority.
· Clarifies all unclear orders with the RN or ED physician.
· Provides Xerox copies of appropriate parts of the medical record needed for transfer or discharge.
· Enters appropriate charges into the computer and discharges the patient from the computer
· Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the population served. Maintain knowledge of growth and development with an understanding of the range of treatment needed by the patient.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Palm Coast Parkway
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23022959
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 60 MEMORIAL MEDICAL PKWY
Pay Range: $16.391 - $21.096
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job ID: 23022959
Job Family: Emergency Services
Shift: 3 - Night