AdventHealth Office Assistant Billing Specialist Internal Medicine FT Days in Palm Coast, Florida
Office Assistant Billing Specialist Internal Medicine FT Days: AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
Location Address: Palm Coast, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
- Career Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive Salary
- Great team of co-workers that feel like family
- The opportunity to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ
Full Time, Monday-Friday.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Has primary responsibility for answering the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, following established policies and procedures
- Properly triages telephone calls in accordance with policy
- Schedules, cancels, reschedules, etc., appointments as requested
- Is responsible for check-in of patients
- Verifies insurance coverage for all new patients.
- Reviews coverage and explains specific patient responsibilities such as deductibles, co-pays, etc. to the patient. All information verified in writing to the patient.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduation or equivalent required.
- Two years’ experience, in a medical office or equivalent with medical terminology, coding, charge entry and payment collection preferred.
- Technical knowledge is needed in the medical insurance billing fields through at least 1 year experience.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Small Office Equipment, i.e. copier, fax, proficiency required.
- The Office Assistant / Billing Specialist represents the practice in the coordination of all patient/physician/therapy/nursing encounters, ensuring appropriate utilization of time and patients’ needs are met. This position is also responsible for accurate entry of patient information, financial information, codes and charges for services rendered on a daily basis. In addition, the Office Assistant Billing Specialist is responsible for specialized billing not handled by the Centralized Billing Office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.