EMS Paramedic Transport AdventHealth Central Florida
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: AdventHealth Palm Coast Truck
Shift : Varies – As needed
Eligible shifts qualify for weekend shift differential, 2** nd shift differential & 3 rd **shift differential
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision the Paramedic is a professional team member responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The Paramedic provides basic and advanced life support for all ages, utilizing protocols and online medical control. Works as a team member during transport and assess and provides patient care per department protocols. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Helps in completing medication, supplies and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Completes and submits logs as per department protocol. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
· Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination. Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
· Documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols and FH policy. Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
· Works as a team member, able to effectively communicate with other health care members. Provides a complete verbal and written document for hand off care and patient safety.
· Understands and appropriately utilizes equipment/systems in the department to include but not limited to the Right Cad, EPCR, Cerner, cardiac monitor, medication pumps, stretchers etc.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
· Graduate of a Paramedic program
· One year patient care experience
· Valid Florida State Licensure, Department of Health as a Paramedic
· Valid Class "E" Florida Driver's license, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with AH policy.
· Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
· Basic life support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
· Advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
· Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041083
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $22.95 - $22.95
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job ID: 23041083
Job Family: Emergency Services
Shift: 1 - Day