AdventHealth Patient Care Technician/Health Unit Coordinator M/S Telemetry PRN Nights in Palm Coast, Florida
- Work for a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Patient and Employee Focused Organization Providing Whole Patient Care
- Competitive Salaries and Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunities for Education Reimbursement for Career Advancement
- Career Growth and Advancement Potential
- When in the PCT role: Documents vital signs, intake and outputs and patient activity. Demonstrates competency in the application and care of a patient in restraints. Notifies RN of problem IV’s, discontinues peripheral IV sites. Obtains blood glucose readings, vital signs, administers soap and water enemas and am/pm care as delegated by RN. Responsible for documenting Intake and Output. Completes treatments, procedures and documentation as directed by licensed nurse. Reports any changes in patient condition or abnormal findings immediately to the appropriate personnel.
- When in the HUC role: Monitors all cardiac rhythms on assigned unit. Recognizes abnormal rhythms/arrhythmia and takes appropriate action. Assures accurate location of patients within the computer system. Answers all call lights for patients as well as incoming phone calls. Places phone calls to other departments and physician offices. Performs all others tasks as assigned.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team. Performs as a team member in administering safe and effective patient care. Protects the rights of all patients; maintains confidentiality of all patient-related information. Demonstrates competency in all procedures and duties within scope of practice.
- Completes annual basic arrhythmia interpretation and utilization of monitoring equipment.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Must complete basic arrhythmias identification course prior to starting.
- Minimum of one-year healthcare certified nursing assistant clinical experience required.
- Student in RN nursing program who as completed at least three hospital clinical rotation will be considered.
- Current Florida certification as a nursing assistant required.
- Must have current BLS.
The Patient Care Technician/Health Unit Coordinator (PCT/HUC) is responsible to perform duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager or Registered nurse in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of the assigned unit. The (PCT/HUC) works in cooperation with all team members in an effort to accomplish departmental goals and objectives. The (PCT/HUC) role is multi-disciplined. When assigned as a PCT, the primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost-effective care. When assigned as a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), primary function is to perform clerical duties and surveillance of arrhythmia monitors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.